In a medium bowl mix all liquids with onion, pepper, garlic and zest. Add scallops and refrigerate 4-6 hours.
Right before serving, add remaining ingredients, stirring gently. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips*.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 pound chopped scallops
- 1 cup seeded, chopped tomato
- 1 cup seeded, chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro Salt & black pepper to taste
*To make homemade tortilla chips, simply brush olive oil or butter onto both sides of a corn or flour tortilla. Place on a baking sheet. Cut into wedges or strips and bake in a preheated 350° oven 3-4 minutes on each side. Scallop Salsa can also be served in a halved avocado.